iTe is an easy to use, interactive authoring tool for LATEX and TEX documents.
With iTe, it is possible to select arbitrary display fragments such as figures, equations, labels, captions, etc. These fragments can then be freely moved, rotated and scaled. Because iTe is written in Emacs-lisp, it integrates nicely in the editing process.
iTe is not a WYSIWYG front end for LATEX, and iTe does not change the way you use LATEX to typeset 95% of your text. But it will help you to manage the remaining 5% fast with a high quality result. To the user, iTe is an easy to use and effective tool which is a lot of fun.
Last modified by Wolfgang Kühn on Saturday, 31 August 2002